“Mold Removal” vs. Mold Remediation
What’s the Difference?
While mold removal is the process of removing the mold, it does not address identifying the source. However, mold remediation centers on all actions taken to combat mold infestation and return mold level to the point that is not dangerous to the health of inhabitants and the building’s structure. Mold remediation will identify the cause of active mold growth and controlling how much mold is present.
While some degree of mold removal is included in the mold remediation process, mold remediation is an extensive process that focuses on problematic areas of infestation. The series of actions involved in remediation effectively return mold levels to a natural point that is safe for both the structure and its occupants.
Signs of Mold? Call Today – (818) 951-6780
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold damage scenario is different and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same. Learn more about our mold remediation process.
- Emergency Contact - (818) 951-6780
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Sunland, Tujunga, Sylmar, San Fernando, Van Nuys North is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are also part of a national network of over 2140 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities: